armed neutrality

Thursday, December 02, 2004

118-year-old paper

well, kindof. :)

i've got official copies of my great grandparents's birth certificates! wooohoo! (naw, can't tell i'm excited, can you?)

actually, it's sorta neat to stop and think about it. clearly, they didn't send me the original, but they still had it. one hundred and eighteen years, several wars, floods and other crises---and these little pieces of paper somehow survived. it just seems somehow amazing to me.

that, and of course, the fact that this means i can get a new passport, has me walking on cloud nine right about now.

i hope everybody else has something to be excited about too.

oh, and if anybody is actually reading this, they should leave a comment once in a while, even if you think you have nothing important to say. otherwise i'll have to just start addressing my posts directly as letters to andy. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home