armed neutrality

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

inexcusable idiocy

the human brain is a strange and wonderfully stupid contraption.

well, mine is, at least. i still can't believe i just did that. at about 7:30, i got a call from jim, saying that he and a couple others were going to meet at a movie theatre at quarter to 9. now, granted, my clock is in military time, but you'd think i would be used to it by now. anyway, defying any and all possible explanation (there isn't any), i correctly translated the 9:00 part into 21:00 --- and then promptly planned to leave at 21:00, giving me what i was somehow inexplicably convinced was 45 minutes to get there before we were supposed to meet. so stupid! un-fucking-believable!

and it gets worse. :) because my braindead self was so firmly ensconced in this bizarro time-warp la-la land, i didn't even figure this out until i had already taken the bus to the metro station, and was trying to figure out how long i would have to wait for the metro to come. comparing the schedule with the clock --- i then did a triple take at the clock, and barely restrained myself from beating my head repeatedly against the asphalt platform, as i realized the utter insanity of what i had just done. man, it just completely boggles me.

for your own sakes, i hope i'm the only one who does dumb things like this, but if not, tell me, and it might make me feel a little better. we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home