armed neutrality

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

the first step is to acknowledge the problem

another "best of darbnet" moment, this time in (yet another) discussion of elections and such.

Al Petterson:

"But what's done is done. Illinois and Texas may have been stolen by Kennedy/Johnson's folks in 1960. I can't claim vote fraud has never benefitted the side I like.

"What bugs me today isn't Florida 2000. It isn't Ohio 2004. What bugs me is that I cannot seem to find a single Republican -- among my acquaintances or among politicians -- who values fair elections enough to agree we should fix the obvious problems, or who even agrees that the obviously partisan, obviously incompetent, and corporate/privatized nature of how we handle our elections is a problem at all."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home